Pioneer Bank is asking for your help in supporting the Ski Apache Adaptive Sports Program (SAAS), in Mescalero New Mexico. For every share on Facebook, retweet or tag #pioneercause on Twitter and Instagram, Pioneer Bank will donate $1.00 to this invaluable program.1
Pioneer Bank’s Share for a Cause campaign runs from November 12, 2015 until December 24, 2015.
Why are we doing this?
Pioneer Bank has 16 branches within New Mexico and Texas in communities that the SAAS supports. We are proud of all the organizations in the communities in which we live, but we could only choose one. This was not an easy decision, as there are so many worthwhile non-profit organizations that are in need. Our main focus was finding an organization that provides services for every community. The Adaptive Sports Program at Ski Apache met those standards. In addition to this campaign, we encourage you to volunteer with the program or make an additional donation of your own.
What does the program provide?
Ski Apache Adaptive Sports is one of the oldest adaptive ski programs in the country. They offer learn-to-ski programs for students of all ages with a variety of disabilities in Alpine, and Snowboarding disciplines. A family-oriented program, SAAS includes Spanish speaking instructors and group programs for schools and rehabilitation centers.
Group Programs who ski with SAAS regularly include:
- NMSBVI (New Mexico School for the Blind and Visually Impaired), Alamogordo, NM
- Tobosa Developmental Center for Adults, Roswell, NM
- Esperanza Developmental Center for Adults, Roswell, NM
- Eastern New Mexico University- Roswell, Special Services Program, NM
- Howard College for the Deaf, Big Springs, TX
- Kinetic Kids, San Antonio, TX
- Fort Bliss Warrior Resiliency Center, El Paso, TX
- Warrior Transition Battalion
- NM Commission for the Blind